Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Meet the Boys!

I neglected to go into further detail about the two horses I currently have in training who will also be entertaining you for many months to come.


Meet Cash

The first horse. He is a 9 y/o, almost black, Morgan (our best guess), gelding.


The day I got him he bucked me off. He wasn't ridden in an arena and he was pretty much scared of everthing. Also, he had a fun habit of not letting you catch him. A friend at the barn asked me an all too valid question when I was explaining him to her, "Why?!" He's calmed down a lot more and he's EXTREMELY smart. At 14.2 he's my little pocket pony but I'm hoping he will follow in Teddy O'Connor's shoes (well, hopefully not legitimae shoes. He's got nice feet now and I'd rather not have to put shoes on yet!). He doesn't have to win Rolex and make the olympic team, but I'd really like to go at least 3' with him if he wants to, and have some fun on this sturdy pony!

Attitude-wise, he's a jerk to other horses. Definitely top of the pack. His girlfriend Jelly Bean puts him in his place though. He is a big baby, doesn't want to be outside in the heat, loves his stall, and LOVES a good face rub. :)


Meet Marvel

Number 2. A 5 y/o, bay, OTTB, just recently gelded.



This is my prom king. He's friends with everyone. The saying "A good stallion makes an even better gelding" is super true of him. He has a fantastic attitude for an ex-stallion, ex-racehorse, 17 hand giant. He thinks he's a 13.1 child's shetland pony. He's got splay feet so I'm planning on him being my entry level, welcome-to-the-game, getting my feet wet, event horse. One day when I have that mythical boarding barn in the clouds, I think he will make a great lesson horse.

He's quite the looker, and has a pretty face and gentle eye. He's not the brightest Crayon in the box. He's been known to poop in the occasional water bucket and steal his buddy's halter off the front of his stall.

1 comment:

  1. This is an ideal picture of Marvel to match your description of charming and friendly :p

    ReplyDelete